The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013
Your right to cancel under this legislation
If you are a consumer (i.e. a private customer and not placing the order for the purposes of your business):
- You have the right to cancel any online or telephone order(excluding any order which is bespoke to you) where we do not have any face to face negotiations with you at our premises prior to making the order providing that you do so no longer than 14 days after the day on which you receive the goods or services
To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us (our contact details are below), of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or e-mail) including details of your name, address (including contact details if different) and details of the order you wish to cancel. You may use the attached cancellation form, but it is not obligatory.
Telephone: 0114 257 4200
9 Brookdale Court
To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Effects of cancellation within 14 days
- If you decide to cancel you should return the goods at your cost within 14 days of the cancellation and we will reimburse to you the amount of all payments received from you relating to the contract, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied if the loss relates to any unnecessary handling by you. Non exhaustive examples of what we may deem to be unnecessary handling include alteration, modification, fitting of the goods to a vehicle or driving of a vehicle for more than 100 miles.
- We will make reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise.
- If you chose to personally hand the goods back to us this must be done to the Disposals Manager as appropriate at the address above during our business hours. Please note that if handing goods back you must obtain an official receipt to evidence return of the goods. If you chose this method all other conditions of cancellation still apply.